Alpari UK announce MetaTrader 5 (Demo!)
MetaTrader 5 has been in beta testing by traders around the world for well over 6 months now. In an indication that there might at last be a glimmer of light at the end of the long testing tunnel Alpari UK are now publicising the fact that you can download MetaTrader 5 from their website, and thus open an account with them. It's only a demonstration account at the moment of course. Alpari don't say when a real live MT5 account will be available from them. A few more months yet I suspect. Alpari do say this however:
MetaTrader 5 is not a replacement for the popular MetaTrader 4, but will be offered alongside it.
They also itemise what they see as the advantages of the MetaTrader 5 platform as follows:
- MT5 shows depth of the market (Not available on demo accounts!);
- Possibility to trade Stocks, Futures, Options in addition to FX, CFD and precious metals;
- Aggregation of open positions;
- 2 new pending order types: Buy Stop Limit and Sell Stop Limit;
- Easier to learn MetaQuotes Programming language (MQL5);
- 38 inbuilt indicators;
- 39 graphical objects;
- 21 timeframes;
- 17 ways to display custom indicators.
and the advantages of the new MQL5 programming language as follows:
- Object-oriented programming;
- Syntax is similar to that of C++ programming language;
- Improved debugging tools;
- Advanced events management model.
I wonder how you spell BullShit in Russian?
In my experience the vast majority of people do in fact find it rather difficult to get their heads around object oriented programming. What's more MQL5's so called "advanced events management model" seems to me to leave an awful lot to be desired.
Maybe Alpari and MetaQuotes will have fixed these and other deficiencies by the time MT5 finally goes live? On the other hand, maybe they won't. For some reason Alpari UK don't seem to mention on their site that MT5 is still in beta testing. Maybe this is as good as it gets?